This may be the laziest post ever, but bear with me…I’ll write a real post later! I have some ideas floating around in my head, but I need to do a bit more studying and essay writing first. Until then, I’ll fulfill my blogging addiction by sharing some interesting things I’ve read over the week!
1. A UK town shut off all its lights so people could see the stars: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-16607293
2. Tensions between rich and poor at an all-time high (in the US at least, though I think this may be an international thing): http://moneyland.time.com/2012/01/13/class-warfare-study-shows-tensions-at-20-year-high/?iid=pf-article-latest
3. Save the bees!: http://www.grist.org/food/2012-01-13-honey-bees-problem-nearing-a-critical-point
4. Funny political protest signs. I especially loved the ones full of grammar and spelling mistakes insisting people “speak English”: http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnypictures/ig/Funny-Protest-Signs/
5. Bad habits you pick up growing up poor. I found this bittersweet: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-stupidest-habits-you-develop-growing-up-poor/?wa_user1=3&wa_user2=Weird+World&wa_user3=blog&wa_user4=feature_module
6. Really great ideas for reusing items!: http://www.budgetsaresexy.com/2012/01/stop-buying-stuff-refurbish-things/